Senior Pastor, Garrison Road Church, Fort Erie, ON
The Garrison Road Church is a congregation of about 65 adults who have a desire to reach their community for Christ, with a particular emphasis on young families. The church has a large, functional facility in an ideal location on the main road in the heart of a community growing with new subdivisions near the church. A brand new high school has just opened only three blocks from the church. Fort Erie is just 20 minutes south of Niagara Falls and is just across the Niagara River from Buffalo, NY.
The church has a blend of contemporary and traditional worship. Garrison Road Church in Fort Erie, Ontario is part of The United Brethren Church in Canada (see ubcanada.org for more information).
Resumes should be sent by August 15th to Bishop Brian Magnus; email@example.com
Position Title: Senior Pastor of Garrison Road United Brethren in Christ Church.
The Garrison Road Church is a congregation of about 65 adults who have a desire to reach their community for Christ, with a particular emphasis on young families. The church has a large, functional facility in an ideal location on the main road in the heart of a community with new, growing subdivisions nearby. A brand new high school has just opened only three blocks from the church. The church has a blend of contemporary and traditional worship. Garrison Road Church in Fort Erie, Ontario is part of The United Brethren Church in Canada (see ubcanada.org for more information).
Reports to: The Leadership Team of the church as well as to the denomination (the “Conference”). Even though the Senior Pastor reports to the Leadership Team, we desire a spirit of community and teamwork in the decision making process.
Reporting to the Senior Pastor: All Leadership Team leaders.
Position Status: Full-Time
Main Role: To provide leadership for the work of Garrison Road United Brethren in Christ Church by preaching the Word of God, teaching the scriptures, leading the development of ministries, providing pastoral care, and overseeing administrative functions.
As a preacher, we desire that the senior pastor provide systematic biblical preaching on a weekly basis.
As a teacher, that he be capable of guiding, leading and facilitating teaching.
As a spiritual leader, that he would lead us to the goal of reaching the lost in our community.
As a man of God, that he would pursue his own personal development in holiness.
Qualifications: A degree in pastoral studies as outlined by the Conference. It would be an asset if the individual has prior experience as a Senior Pastor.
- To provide pastoral care by assisting staff and volunteers through visitation, guidance and prayer.
- To respond to crisis situations that may arise and make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- To coach team leaders who head up ministries ie: children, youth and adult ministries.
- To conduct, participate in, or oversee weddings, funerals, dedications and baptisms.
- To be aware of the direction of the various ministries within the church and meet with team leaders as required.
- To build a sense of teamwork amongst church staff/team leaders/volunteers and Leadership Team, and hold regular staff meetings to coordinate the ministries of the church and facilitate communication.
- To guide and support the implementation of church/conference/government policies.
- To participate in Executive Leadership Team meetings once a month with the date being pre-set.
- To regularly preach and teach the Word of God and administer the ordinances of the church in the congregation. Communion will be administered on the first Sunday of each month.
- To work with the worship leader to coordinate message and music.
- To be responsible for the overall effectiveness of the weekly worship experience.
- To provide spiritual leadership, outreach leadership and inspiration for the church family.
- To attend to his personal spiritual health and development by committing time to regular devotions, and educational and spiritual retreats (priority given to those provided or promoted by The United Brethren Church in Canada).
- To ensure that he is caring for his family and protecting family time. This could include attending regional events for married couples.
- To connect with individuals who leave the church to ensure proper closure.
- To work alongside of the treasurer/bookkeeper, keeping the congregation informed on financial matters.
- To oversee and promote local congregational benevolence and global missions.
- To be the champion in the cause of outreach by personal example.
- To ensure new members are embraced into the life of the church.
- To encourage and promote new members to join our community life groups.
- To encourage all congregants to develop a heart for the lost.
The position of the Senior Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should be accessible to the congregation and respond to calls in a timely fashion. On his day off, the Senior Pastor will not be responsible to respond to needs. Should a crisis arise on the Senior Pastor’s day off, there must be effective communication between the Senior Pastor and the Leadership Team Chair. As time permits, the Senior Pastor will attempt to be involved in community events.
Compensation: This position pays up to $41,000 plus housing, plus a generous family health benefits package and retirement package.
Contact Bishop Brian Magnus with any questions you might have <firstname.lastname@example.org>