1. Leadership objectives
- Context, roles and expectations.
- Identifying, equipping, and mentoring current and new leaders.
- Empowerment, ownership/accountability and recognition/reward - motivation - coaching.
- Growth and contribution.
- Outward connection - leading others to lead people to Christ.
- Succession planning, workload balance, gaps and rotation.
2. Leadership skills
- Kingdom building - Scripturally based
- Authenticity/candor/self-awareness - maturity.
- Relational Intelligence - stories, energy, conversational.
- Listening, communication and perception skills - balancing grace and truth.
- Authority and followership.
- How to deal with people - giving feedback/receiving feedback.
- Staffing teams and balance of skills.
- Believing in other people and developing them.
3. How do we develop leaders?
- Education, development, goals and measures.
- Clarity of roles and expectations.
- Giving opportunities to lead.
- What are the best models?
- Succession planning and next generation.
- Ensure people are "centered" in what they do - knowledge and obedience.
- Enable and coach the youth to develop their leaders - start early.
4. Measures of success
- What gets measured gets done